The Bunkhouse is an old farm house with rustic features, converted to a basic, no-frills, budget accommodation option. The Bunkhouse sleeps a total of up to 6 people – there is a double room downstairs and a small and a large twin room upstairs. Please Note: We cater primarily for the hill walking fraternity with basic, no-frills amenities and the Bunkhouse is not suitable for those looking for 5 star comforts.
It is situated beside our farm barn so there are no views from the windows. However once outside, the towering mountains are a wonderful sight.
The Bunkhouse is closed in the winter months. Please contact us with any enquiries.
- There is one double room downstairs, and two twin rooms upstairs (no windows in bedrooms).
- One toilet cubicle, one shower cubicle (shared facilities).
- Small well-equipped kitchen (including microwave) and sitting room with a DVD player, small library of books and DVDs. Outside covered sitting/ dining area.
- Heated by a wood burning stove (logs provided in colder weather and included in price) and electric panel heaters.
- Bed linen included in price (no discount for your own sleeping bag).
- Towels NOT provided. Towels can be hired at £1.50.
- Price includes heating and shower but on occasions groups may have to “feed the meter” at £1 a time.
- A self-catering breakfast can be provided for an extra £3.50, consisting of two of our fresh farm eggs with two slices of bread for toast, fruit juice, tea/coffee and milk. Breakfast has to be ordered by 9pm on the previous day.
- Please be warned that there is no mobile phone reception in the glen and no wi-fi available.
- The large upstairs twin room is £30 per night.
- The double room downstairs is £30 per night.
Payment is by CASH ONLY on arrival. We would request that all cancellations be made at least 48 hours prior.