The Byre is an old farm house with rustic features, converted to a basic, no-frills, budget accommodation option. The Byre sleeps 2 people and you will have the entire place to yourself. Please Note: We cater primarily for the hill walking fraternity with basic, no-frills amenities and the Byre is not suitable for those looking for 5 star comforts.
It is situated beside our farm barn so there are no views from the windows. However once outside, the towering mountains are a wonderful sight.
The Byre is closed in the winter months. Please contact us with any enquiries.
- There is one twin bedroom downstairs.
- One toilet cubicle, one shower cubicle.
- Small well-equipped kitchen (including microwave) and sitting room with a DVD player, small library of books and DVDs. Outside covered sitting/ dining area.
- Heated by a wood burning stove (logs provided in colder weather and included in price) and electric panel heaters.
- Bed linen included in price (no discount for your own sleeping bag).
- Price includes heating and shower but on occasions groups may have to “feed the meter” at £1 a time.
- Please be warned that there is no mobile phone reception in the glen and no wi-fi available.
£40 per night. Bookings can be made via Airbnb or email for enquiries.
Payment is by CASH ONLY on arrival (unless booking through Airbnb). We would request that all cancellations be made at least 48 hours prior.